Instructor: Mitch Jacobson, MPEG Editor & Authorized Davinci Resolve Trainer
This is one workshop session with an hour break from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
This course is open to 10 active members of the Editors Guild.
In this quick-start course you will learn the basic ways DaVinci Resolve handles with media organization, editing, round tripping between NLEs, color correction and delivering graded masters.
Managing Dailies and Edit Prep
• Backing up Source Files- Cloning
• Syncing Dailies
• Modifying Clip Audio Channels
• Customizing Metadata
• Bins & Smart Bins
• Creating Power Bins
• Optimizing Clips for Editing
• Preparing Timelines in Avid, Premiere and FCP for Conforming and Grading in Resolve
QuickStart Resolve Color
• Capabilities Overview & Demos
• Trackball Panels
• Working with Subtitles
• Delivering Programs with Subtitles
• Configuring a Timeline for Digital Cinema
• Rendering a DCP
• Rendering and Editing Jobs from Multiple Projects
• Delivering Dailies
• Delivering Projects to NLEs
Q&A : Hardware and Software Requirements
Mitch Jacobson is a broadcast video editor/colorist and owner of Category Five Studios in Manhattan. He's a member of The Editors Guild and authorized trainer for DaVinci Resolve. Mitch is also the author of Mastering Multicamera Techniques (Focal Press). Editing credits include MTV, PBS, ABC, A&E and Discovery.
Please email Muneeb Hassan at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Note: No walk-ins and no guests will be permitted. You will receive a confirmation, once you are registered. No phone call RSVPs will be accepted.