SORRY, THIS EVENT IS OVERBOOKED.
Presented by Rainer Standke, Assistant Editor
The emphasis will be on the Avid, with occasional sidebars about Final Cut Pro 7.
Topics to be covered:
- Exporting data to Filemaker, Excel
- Useful techniques I: clip coloring, clip comments, locators, etc.
- Making EDLs, Cut Lists, OMFIs
- Exporting Quicktimes for sound, music etc.
- Importing Quicktimes, sound
- Using Photoshop for Watermarks
- Using Apple Compressor, FCP 7 to process exported Quicktimes
- Stacking/Nesting VFX iterations in the timeline
- Useful techniques II: Synch Point Editing, Segment Editing
- Time permitting: Consolidate & Relink media
- Time permitting: Using QuicKeys for repetitive tasks
The seminar will be presented in the form of a lecture with Q&A.
Assistant Editor, Rainer Standke's background that includes assisting, finishing and editing on a wide variety of projects. His feature credits include work on 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', Journey to the Center of the Earth' and 'I Love You, Beth Cooper'. He has taught Avid classes since 1996, and in the past couple of years Rainer has also taken on software development with a focus on post production workflow issues.
OTHER RELATED EVENTS:
There will be an Intermediate Seminar that will take place earlier in the morning from 10:30AM – 1:30PM. CLICK HERE TO RSVP
We will also be providing workshops on the same topic on:
(Click on the date to RSVP)
The workshops are 6 hours and will provide more in depth hands-on training in lab format. Computers and software will be provided. And there is a $35 to reserve your spot in the workshop, but no fee for the seminars.
Contact: Serena Kung
This event is filled.