Join Us at This Year's Dia de los Muertos!
Join the Latin Steering Committee in honoring the Guild's original charter members and those that built our Union at Dia de los Muertos. We will have an area reserved in the park from 12pm to 9pm, but you can enjoy the event through midnight. Be sure to check out the Guild’s Altar while you are there. Bring a photo of a departed member to echo the dedication and distinct love that is presented toward the dearly departed.
About the Event:
Hollywood Forever’s 20th annual Dia de los Muertos celebration will take place on Saturday November 2, 2019. This year, the guiding theme is the Monarch Butterfly and its winter home, the Mexican state of Michoacán. Michoacán is also one of the two cultural heartlands in Mexico where the ancient traditions of Dia de los Muertos have been celebrated the longest and most vibrantly. Click here to read more about the event.
Tickets are $12 each and include a meal ($42 value). Upon purchase, ticket(s) will be emailed to you.
Tacos and burritos: chicken, beef, al pastor (pork) and two veggie options: grilled vegetables, soy chorizo and tofu.
Beverages: Horchata, pineapple and hibiscus aguas frescas
Limited tickets available!
- Dia de Los Muertos attire strongly encouraged – Come dressed in your finest Calaca apparel.
- Spend an eventful day relaxing and watching the evening stars appear as the cemetery comes to life with joyful celebrations.
- Enjoy fine Mexican cuisine and a wide spectrum of Day of the Dead arts and crafts available for purchase.
- Plan ahead where to park and please carpool. Click here for parking info.
- Children 8 years and under and Seniors 65 and over free until 4pm.