Class: Introduction to DaVinci Resolve 16 class
Date: June 1,2,3,4,5
Time: 9am-1pm PST
Instructor: Dion Scoppettuolo
To register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XKdvXnxcT160cSZfKzuURQ
You must register to participate in this online class.
To prepare for your upcoming class you will need to:
1. Download and install DaVinci Resolve 16.2
2. Download training media from the Beginners Guide for DaVinci Resolve 16 which is on the Blackmagic Design website: (you will need to scroll down the page a bit to find)
3. Download and install the zoom classroom application for macOS and Windows:
(For iPad download the Zoom Cloud meetings app.)
4. For the most optimal experience there are a few things you can do to prepare for the class:
- Set aside a space that has very few distractions where you can focus for a few hours.
- We strongly suggest you have a dual monitor setup or use a laptop or iPad for Zoom and open
Resolve on your desktop.
- You’ll want to have headphones to hear the Zoom laptop or tablet.
- Once you log into the meeting your iPad or laptop webcam will be enabled but you will initially
- If you have questions during the course we recommend using the Zoom’s built-in Q&A to send a message to the cohost who will be answering questions.
- Please be sure you have downloaded Resolve 16.2 and the media as mentioned above. This is critical to following along with the instructor.
Lesson 1 Cutting a story in the Cut page
Lesson 2 Finishing in the cut page
Lesson 3 Organizing a project
Lesson 4 Assembling a Rough Cut
Lesson 5 Moving Clips in the Timeline
Lesson 6 Refining the Timeline
Lesson 7 Applying Transitions and Effects
Lesson 8 Working with Audio on the Edit Page
Lesson 9 Mixing sound in Fairlight
Lesson 10 Creating effects and graphics in Fusion
Lesson 11 Primary Balancing of Color and Brightness
Lesson 12 Making Secondary Adjustments
Lesson 13 designing Creative Looks
Lesson 14 Delivering a Final Project
Lesson 15 Media and Database Management