Instructor: Yaira Lamela
Session 1: 10:00AM – 2:00PM
Session 2: 2:30PM – 6:30PM
This training is exclusive to 10 active members of the Editors Guild. Basic understanding of Photoshop but not required. All beginners’ level are welcome.
If you have always been curious about how after effects works and how it can help to improve your skills.
This workshop provides editors & assistant editors to discover new tools using the adobe after effects software for fixing, adding, and subtracting elements on any video or image. For the creation of vivid 2D motion graphics on a 3D space and a variety of mixed media through the use of compositing, masks, key framing, camera, lighting etc... Give life to images and videos through the study of movement, compositing and other important concepts like color, style, perspective and simulation effects.
1. Workflow- work spaces, interface and tools panel. Creating project, imports, creating a composition, settings, arranging and modifying layer properties.
2. Timeline panel, previews, renders ques and exports.
3. Creating basic animation with key frames and the use of time and space.
4. Use of the puppet tool; understanding the process of compositing and pre-compose.
5. Applying and manually controlling effects and animation presets.
6. Modes, track matte (understanding luma and alpha). Brief Introduction to key light effect for green screen.
7. Understanding masks and pen tool, roto brush tool and clones.
8. Animating text manually, understanding animators and per character 3-D. the use of parenting layers and text animation presets.
9. Introduction to tracker. (track camera, track motion, stabilize motion)
10. Introduction to adding camera, lights/color & casting shadows to the composition.
11. Brief Introduction to particles, simulation effects & expressions.
Yaira Lamela, M.F.A, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA.
Has worked in post-production for over 7 years. From dailies operator to assistant editor/gfx in television series like “Cleaners” and documentaries like Carrie Fisher’s “Wishful Drinking” and “Burn”. Also, feature films like “Runner, Runner” “Reclaim” and “Speed Kills”. Previously post-production instructor in Columbia College, Atlantic University College and CCAT institute in Puerto Rico.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
Note: No walk-ins and no guests will be permitted.